Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A 25 Year Old Cake Wreck Picture....


Behold, the cake purchased for my son Trevor's baby shower (in spring of 1984) :

"Congratulation" (only one!)



I'm not sure if it's humourous enough to be submitted to Cake Wrecks, but when this cake was brought into the party there were a few chuckles.

This picture of me, taken of me wearing my patio door glasses (ugh) with my 10 lb. newborn baby boy is from that same party.



This Friday, that baby in the picture turns 25 years old ~ the same age I was when he was born, and he is now six ft. 5 inches tall! He and his sister Mallory have my hair and eye colour, but both children are tall like their father.

4 comments:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

LOL at "only one" congratulation/s! Heee! Kerry turned me on to Cake Wrecks, and it's such a good site :))

You look so cute and happy in this pic! I think I had those glasses, too!

Lateboomer said...

Cake Wrecks is a hilarious site! I found it quite by accident as there is a fanpage for it on Facebook. I was curious enough to check it out, and laughed so hard I wheezed at some of the entries!!

I was very happy in that picture, Fuzzy - I was a new Mum for the first time... life was good. :)

Vin said...

Maybe they were charged extra per letter on the cake lol.

I've had cake wrecks bookmarked for a while now...funny site!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Hey GG!! Just popping in to see how you're doing and wish you a happy Thursday :))

(sorry to do it here, but you don't have "front page" comments; hope you don't mind?)